Deficiencies with Current Testing Instruments
Profiles noted when it was founded in 1991, that there were many deficiencies with the then available instruments, many of which are still in use today. Amongst these deficiencies were:
- Almost all instruments in use were developed for the purpose of diagnosing specific clinical conditions, NOT for the purpose of employment evaluation.
- Most needed to be interpreted by a trained psychologist.
- They had cultural and other biases, and did not fulfill the legal/labor codes for none discrimination.
- They were not updated neither were they representative of current personality theory, nor representative of the changing employment pool.
- They had no available validation studies.
In short, they possibly did a fine job of clinical diagnosis (for which most were developed), but were not only unreliable, but also invalid and in some cases illegal, when applied to the workplace.
The Profiles’ Solution
To overcome these difficulties, PI slowly developed a completely new set of employee related assessment instruments, literally from the ground up, whilst making full use of prior research.
In 2014 PI was acquired by the John Wiley Group. Additional information on Profiles International may be found at:
for information on the Wiley Group of companies.
Profiles Asia Pacific, Inc. (PAP)
PAP is the Philippine affiliate of Profiles International and was launched in 1998. As exclusive distributor of PI products, Profiles Asia Pacific markets directly to client companies and has an established dealer network. PAP provides training and support to both dealers and end users alike.
PAP’s office is located in the Ortigas Center area of Metro Manila with a satellite office in Cebu.
Where appropriate, assessments are translated into Tagalog.
People Dynamics, Inc
People Dynamics, Inc. was formed in 2002 to offer Philippine employers superior HR services based on the products of Profiles International (for psychometric assessments) and skills tests from other providers such as eSkill and Carnegie Speech. This quickly developed into other related services, namely:
- Job match assessment services for recruitment and OD
- Low-cost pre-screening assessments and tests
- IT skills tests
- Comprehensive “Assessment Center” Evaluation, (also known as a Development Center).
- Test Development
- Assessment-based executive coaching and training
- College and High School Entrance Testing/Assessment
- HR consulting in OD and change management
Since 2003, in order to accommodate the booming BPO industry and its need for low-cost but very high-volume pre-screening tools, People Dynamics has developed a range of locally normed specialist instruments to cover all basic pre-screening needs. These include: cognitive, personality, competency and skills, sales and service assessments.
This function has now evolved in to a department of full-time licensed test developers creating new and innovative testing instruments…. Such as:
- Profiles Career Keys assessment (PCK)
- Profiles Competency assessment (PCA)
- Critical Thinking Assessment (CTA)
- Basic Mental Ability assessment (BMAA)
- Work Motivational Intensity assessment (WMI)
- 360+ survey/assessment with up to 50 competencies
…. and several more, many of which are “customizable”, to suite individual client needs.
In 2003, PAP took on a second affiliation that of computer-based “skills” oriented testing which nicely complemented the psychometric assessments of PI and the tools we had created ourselves (e.g. BMAA was the first and still the most used!). Literally hundreds of performance-based testing modules are available to our clients using the Internet for skills testing. Additional information can be found at: https://peopledynamics.co/skill-testing/
Emotional Intelligence – GENOS
It is now well established that EQ is as important IQ in achieving success in most jobs, especially in jobs involving supervision of others or involving teamwork and collaboration. Indeed, in the latter case it is probably MORE important than IQ.
With this knowledge in 2016 Profiles took on a further representation that of Genos International for assessment and training in Emotional Intelligence.